Sunday, November 7, 2010

Joy is in the air...

...but I miss the land thousands of miles away...the land I grew up on, the land where I played and fought with my siblings, the land that would bring different seasons with diverse colors, the land where we celebrated every festival with such a great zeal, the land that taught me what love is, the land I call HOME!!

Every festival season, I try to re-create a part of that home in a foreign land. with such a deliberate effort while it all came for free once upon a time and I took it all for granted..Never imagined I would miss such little joys of life. Being away from home has taught me a great deal. Foremost is the importance of little things in our lives that we never cared for. But now I do. And I wish over-n-over again if I could go back in time and re-live some of those times. Wish I could go back and bundle all the lil pleasures and save them to cherish for rest of my life..

This Diwali, I miss home...

2 comments:

  1. Super like !! I was so sure you would have created a post for Diwali :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kanwal. You sure are right :-)
    I miss home the most during festivals and when I am sick :P

    ReplyDelete