Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yippie got my own ice-skates :)



Yes after all those contemplations and searching frantically on internet, I found them, practiced with them and feel a lot happier now that I have them :)

I was really nervous about the size and fit since I had to order them online. Yea, skates are not true to size when it comes to different brands! And it's very important to have a perfect fit to be able to skate well. Buying them from a store isn't a piece of cake these days, apparently because it's summer. Many stores that ought to have them said they didn't have them for this season! Well I don't really get it, when there are several ice skating rinks that are operative in summer why do the stores get them only in winter? Well whatever, I resorted to my friend "The Web" and it didn't disappoint me :-). These skates feel so much nicer on ice! No more torture to my feet with those rental skates. Now I am Happy Happy :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey!! I have become a big fan of ice-skating after I saw the movie "Ice Princess".. It was a great feeling to see her skate, as if I, myself was doing it :) .. It must be giving a feeling of complete freedom and being on top of the world wen u skate :) Right na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kanwal..I happen to see your comment a bit too late I guess :))

    Yep I enjoyed it while I was on it..but it's been ages since I went skating again :(
    I need to start again...plus I am not even very good at it...I shud have continued practicing...

    ReplyDelete