Thursday, August 6, 2009

On my mind

It's 11:53 pm and I suddenly thought of starting blogging! Weird isn't it? It's been ages since I have been thinking blogging isn't for me. I can just read a few at best! But they say there's no time and age to start doing something. Then it just makes you feel so relieved when you pen your thoughts down as if somebody has just taken hell lot of load from your shoulders. It feels nice, it has already started feeling nice :-)

I was watching Frasier tonight while having dinner (sort of a daily routine that I have been following quite religiously :P) and it just occurred to how I was so similar to Frasier in certain aspects! Started wondering if he is a Virgo too. Perfectionists as Virgos are - is it really a good thing? I have started feeling that it somehow reduces the satisfaction and happiness you could get otherwise. Frasier was planning a perfect vacation and every single spoiler was making him grumpier! I have seen this happening a lot with me too. I start planning things so much in advance and it pains when anything goes out of order! Is it that big a deal really? Someone just mentioned yesterday that everything is temporary. If we could bear this simple in our mind all the time, we would never be unhappy again. No decision would seem as bad, because our mind will immediately start working towards a better one.

But it's not all that easy after all. We will need to keep reminding ourselves, because it's very easy to forget in glorious moments and in very sad ones too! I was feeling quite low yesterday - this one word did the magic "Temporary". I felt much better all day and it's gonna last atleast temporarily and I am gonna enjoy it as long as it does :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow u think so different. It is indeed difficult to control our mind if things don't happen the way we want. You know what works for me, I just think about the fact that God must have planned this coz there must be something good in that for me, which I might not realize now, but ya later. So even though I might not realize it later, it helps me at that moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I absolutely believe in that God plans everything, so there is no need to wail on it if it doesn't go as we had planned it. But I think both facts that God is the planner and everything is temporary are not contradictory. They go hand in hand. In the blog I talked about much smaller things - if we think on a broader level, even this earth is not permanent nor are we 'the humans'. So if we can just combine the two facts, we will always be happy :-). Because God has planned something better for us, these temporary moments would pass soon :)

    ReplyDelete